Help your teachers and leaders become the best learners in the class!
- Create a culture where learning is at the heart of school improvement
- Develop resilience in teachers and students
- Improve results and attitudes in a demanding, high stakes educational context
- Improve staff wellbeing, raise morale and enhance collaboration
- Ensure ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning is attainable and sustainable
Fixed and growth Mindset is a simple idea put forward by world-renowned Stanford University psychologist Carol Dweck after decades of research on achievement and success—a simple idea that makes all the difference.
With a fixed mindset, people believe their basic qualities, like behaviours, intelligence or talent, are fixed. They spend their time avoiding challenges that may threaten their self-beliefs, instead of welcoming them. They also believe that talent alone, not effort, creates success. They’re wrong.
With a growth mindset, people believe that their basic qualities can be developed through dedication and hard work – that effort is the path to mastery. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for lifelong success. Teaching about growth mindset creates motivation and raises achievement in the classroom and the staffroom. It also enhances wellbeing and relationships.
Carol Dweck’s research shows us what all great leaders, parents, teachers and students need to know:
- That brains and talent alone don’t bring success
- How a fixed mindset can stand in the way of it
- Why praising outcomes and intelligence doesn’t foster self-esteem and accomplishment, but can jeopardise them
- How teaching about mindsets and understanding how the brain works can raise grades and productivity
The way we think about learning makes all the difference in our progress towards successful outcomes. This programme will explain what a growth mindset is and how everyone can develop ways of thinking that will improve outcomes for learners.
The training is very practical and inspiring with the aim of creating a growth mindset culture in every classroom in the school.
This programme can be adapted for all teachers or teaching assistants or school leaders. A bespoke programme can be designed for ‘training the trainers’ and for developing student programmes.
This programme is also very effective for developing resilient leaders in business.